Home | Calendar | Contact Us | Site Map | Member Login | Search |
MDDC Press
Proudly Serving Maryland, Delaware and D.C. Newspapers Since 1908

About Us

HISTORY
Founded in 1908 as the Maryland Press Association for weekly newspapers, the organization incorporated in Maryland as a nonprofit corporation in 1948 and began admitting daily newspapers to active membership that year.

In 1961, it merged with the Delmarva Press Association, an organization that included newspapers in Delaware and the Eastern Shore areas of Maryland and Virginia, to become the Maryland-Delaware Press Association

In 1968, it included newspapers from the District of Columbia and became the Maryland-Delaware-D.C. Press Association, Inc.

Today, MDDC consists of two corporations, the nonprofit Association and its for-profit subsidiary, MDDC Press Service, which operates the organization's advertising programs. Additionally, in 1998 MDDC newspapers established an independent, charitable foundation, the MDDC Press Foundation, a 501(c)(3) corporation.

The Association counts all of the daily and most of the non-daily newspapers in Maryland, Delaware and D.C. among its active members.

MISSION
MDDC exists to serve the diverse needs of our newspaper members in areas of common concern. Among them are professional training and development, legislative representation, and First Amendment issues.

Adherence to the highest standards of integrity and excellence is at the core of all we do.

GOVERNANCE
The MDDC Press Association is governed by an 18-member Board of Directors under the direction of the Executive Committee. President, President-elect, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer are elected officers who serve one-year terms each November.

The Association has several committees in addition to the Executive Committee which are integral in charting the direction of the Association.
Advanced Search

Subscribe to the MDDC Newsletter

Facebook button   Twitter button   LinkedIn button   RSS button